View Map of Harrisonburg
Current weather forecast for Harrisonburg, LA
Population (year 2000): 746, Est. population in July 2004: 735 (-1.5% change)
Males: 546 (73.2%), Females: 200 (26.8%)
Elevation: 78 feet
Land area: 0.9 square miles
Zip code: 71340
Median resident age: 30.1 years
Median household income: $21,786 (year 2000)
Median house value: $47,500 (year 2000)
Races in Harrisonburg:
- Black (54.8%)
- White Non-Hispanic (43.4%)
- Asian Indian (1.5%)
Ancestries: United States (7.9%), English (1.2%), German (1.1%), Irish (1.1%).
New! Harrisonburg, Louisiana forum
For population 25 years and over in Harrisonburg
- High school or higher: 44.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 22.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harrisonburg village
- Never married: 56.3%
- Now married: 34.0%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 3.5%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +297 (+66.1%).
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Monroe, LA (54.3 miles , pop. 53,107).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Baton Rouge, LA (102.4 miles , pop. 227,818).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (281.1 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Jonesville, LA (10.2 miles ), Sicily Island, LA (12.7 miles ), Wisner, LA (18.6 miles ), West Ferriday, LA (20.0 miles ), Clayton, LA (20.2 miles ), Ferriday, LA (21.0 miles ), Jena, LA (21.2 miles ), Gilbert, LA (22.4 miles ).
Latitude: 31.77 N, Longitude: 91.83 W
Area code: 318
- HARRISONBURG HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 102; Location: 800 BUSHLEY STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Harrisonburg:
- HARRISONBURG ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 226; Location: 505 BUSHLEY STREET; Grades: KG - 08)
Library in Harrisonburg:
- CATAHOULA PARISH LIBRARY (Operating income: $272,215; Location: 300 BUSHLEY STREET; 38,546 books; 232 audio materials; 1,074 video materials; 79 serial subscriptions)
Harrisonburg compared to Louisiana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities